Why do our tutors choose this product?
- Waterproof, durable and wear resistant: Outdoor photographer’s backpack must be waterproof and wear resistant. Even you put your backpack on any tough surface, you do not have to worry about making any scratches
- Security: Back opening to prevent thieves stealing your expensive gears easily.
- Suitable capacity: Except cameras and lenses, there should be plenty of space for personal belongings such as jacket, laptop, food and water etc.
- Tripod Attachment: Tripod is a must for outdoor photographers, a good backpack should carry a tripod properly which you do not have to carry the tripod separately.
- Light but tough: Gears are heavy already, a good backpack should keep a nice balance between light weight and good quality.
- Proper thickness of straps: Photographers can comfortably carry the heavy backpack with proper straps.
- Beautiful outlook: Not only pictures have to be beautiful, but an eye-catching outlook is also important in order maintain the whole look.
Ultra Light (UL) series comes with 3 styles
- Guru UL (Press Here) – 25L, lighter, suitable for 1 camera and 2 lenses
- Kashmir UL (Press Here) – 30L, is a lighter version of Mountain Series – Lotus, suitable for daily use.
- Loka UL (2016) (Press Here) – 37L, slightly smaller than Mountain Series – Ajna but lighter.
Should I choose Ultra Light (UL) or Mountain Series?
- Why Ultra Light (UL) is lighter than Mountain Series but still remaining tough and wear resistant surface? The reason is UL series is made up of lighter material and removed part of the interlayer and unnecessary accessories.
- If you are going to outdoor photograph shooting in places with extreme weather, we strongly recommend you to choose Mountain Series like Ajna, Lotus or Tilopa as you may put your backpack everywhere.
- If you are just carrying photography gears in short trip and wishing to keep the volume, toughness and security of Mountain Series, Ultra Light Series will be the best choice for you.
F-stop also comes with a stronger and tougher series – Mountain Series. We recommend the following style of Mountain Series for outdoor photographer.
- Lotus (Press Here) – 32L, suitable for female and male using small MILC like Sony A7RII
- Ajna (Press Here) – 40L, suitable for male and mid to long haul trip. Our tutors are using Orange + Large ICU as well!
- Tilopa (Press Here) – 50L, Large volume with thicker straps, suitable for long haul and outdoor trip.
Ultra Light (UL) and Mountain Series mentioned above all contain lightweight internal aluminium frame and ergonomic Soft Flex injection molded EVA belt and shoulder straps.
Must-have Accessory (1)：ICU（Remember to choose a suitable ICU!）
One of the best parts of F-stop backpacks is that ICU is changeable. This allows you to change a suitable ICU in different situations. For example,
- Taking aurora photographs in Iceland: Cameras x 2, lenses x 6, filters x 8, tripods x 2 and heavy, thick clothes. We suggest you to choose Ajna backpack + large ICU (less gears can choose Lotus backpack + medium ICU)
- Daily photo shooting / short haul trip: Camera x 1, lenses x 2, tripod x 1，we would suggest you to choose Ajna/Lotus backpack + medium ICU
ICU suitable for UL Guru
- Medium ICU or Small ICU are recommended
- Not capable for large or above ICU
Must-have Accessory (2)：Waterproof Rain Cover
F-stop backpacks are waterproof and coming with waterproof zips at the top. Shower will not cause a problem. (Our tutors have experienced this for several times) Anyway, F-stop waterproof Rain Cover is also available, it protects your backpack and gears even when it is pouring. We recommend you to purchase the rain cover together.
- Loka UL：Large Rain Cover
- Kashmir UL：Large Rain Cover
- Guru UL：Small Rain Cover
F-stop Guru UL (25L) Spec
- Full load of gears and stuffs: Height 48.5cm x Width 30cm x Depth20.5cm（You can adjust the size when it is not full）
- Volume: 25L
- Weight 1.1kg（Not including ICU)
- Containing a multifunctional layer for up to 11” laptop or hydration bladder pocket.
- All-day comfort provided by ergonomic Soft Flex injection molded EVA belt and shoulder straps.
- Superior water and weather resistance provided by YKK® Aquaguard® zippers
More photos of Guru UL
Guru UL Video