Formatt Hitech 85x110mm GND Kit
*** [Update] We suggest you to purchase FGEARS GND (100x150mm), please Press Here***
GND Filter is put in front of the lens, so it brings huge effect to the photograph. All fiters form Formatt Hitech are imported and made in the UK. Formatt Hitech Filters are made of CR-30 resin with good light transmittance. After using Formatt Hitech filters for ages, we found that even we use three filters together, no or low color-cast problem will appear. Formatt Hitech also comes with Reverse GND which is very useful when the sun is in the middle of the photography during sunrise or sunset. Formatt Hitech also produce Twillight 2 filter which adds magical colors to your photo. Not many manufacturer will produce these two types of filters, so you must give it a try! Formatt Hitech filters offer different sizes and densities, you can choose the one most suitable for you! You can use it for many years if you handle it with care, it is definitely worth for its price!
Can I use Black Card instead of GND?
Black Card and GND are both designed for controlling light entry into the camera. However, you have to wave the Black Card to avoid sharp edge effect. GND comes with smooth graduation (Soft or Hard), you can take photograph directly once you installed the GND.
Moments that Black Card or GND are needed:
- Use GND when you are using fast shutter speed: Waving the Black Card takes time, you can have plenty of time to wave the Black Card when the shutter speed is slow. However, if you are taking picture during the day time, the shutter speed is usually fast, you will not be able to wave the Black Card is a short period of time. Hence, you can only choose GND instead of Black Card.
- If you wish to cover the light for longer time by using the Black Card (E.g. during night time): Except the above method, you can use Black Card instead as you can control the light entering into the camera manually. No matter 1s, 5s or 100s, you can use Black Card to control. The degree of GND is set, if you use few GNDs at the same time may affect the photographs.
- While you are taking firework or car trail photos with Black Card: Black
- Card can fully cover the lens, blocking the light to enter the lens and allow double exposures.
Learn more: 「黑卡」和「GND漸變灰濾鏡」的分別和應用時刻
UK Formatt Hitech Filter Holder System 85mm
It is always good to have a nice and stable holder system to secure our square filters while we are taking landscapes. We set high standards for a holder system and we recommend UK Formatt Hitech Holder System as it fulfils the following requirements:
- Lightweight and stable
- Three filter slots and the holder mounts to the adapter with a thumbscrew, meaning it attaches securely but can be attached or removed gently, without disturbing the lens.
- Made in the UK, quality assurance!
- 85mm: This kit set contains a 72mm adaptor, suitable for 85mm square filters.（Such as GND、Twilight Filter etc）
This kit set contains:
- A holder system that fits for 85mm square filters installation.
- An adaptor that fits for 72mm lens installation.
If your lens size is ….
- Less than 77mm, please Press here to purchase Step-up Ring, for example, if your lens size is 67mm, please purchase a 67-77mm Step-up Ring.
- Larger than 77mm, we recommend you to choose 100mm filters and FGEARS HD100 Holder System.
Can I use wide angle lens with this holder system?
It is alright for normal wide angle lenses. If you are using ultra-wide lenses like Full-frame 16-35mm or APS-C 12-24mm, you can just simply remove the third slot and use one or two filters. (Actually, we only use two filters at most)
Formatt Hitech GND Kit + Holder Set includes most of the filters and tools which is necessary in landscape photography. Including:
- Formatt Hitech 85x110mm GND Kit (Soft Edge) 3 pieces
- Formatt Hitech Filter Holder System 85mm
- Formatt Hitech 77mm adaptor, suitable for 85mm square filters.