FGEARS® Neutral Density filter opens the door to creative photos. It can let photographer use wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normal required so to generate amazing result. FGEARS® Neutral Density filters are made from high quality scratch resistant SCHOTT B270 glass. The ND layer is manufactured by FGEARS® advanced vacuum-evaporated coating system to ensure extremely low color cast on image. The coating on the filter is double-sided anti-oil and water repellent that helps keep it in good condition.
*** You are strongly recommended to purchase FGEARS Holder System HD100 together (CPL applicable) for better result ***
– The size of FGEARS® “ND Filter” is 100x100mm (Applicable for lens sizes 72mm, 77mm or 82mm with HD100 Holder system). Lens sizes below 72mm can be used with Step-up Ring.***
Why do we need ND Filters?
“Using slow shutter speed” is the main reason why we need ND Filters. Slow shutter speed allows us to create photos that we could not see with our eyes. There is a lot if area that ND Filters can be applied, such as:
- Smooth silky water, waterfalls
- Motion blur to clouds or crowd
- Using a wider aperture under sun
- No-one effect on crowded street
- Balancing the exposure difference（Using with Black Card Press Here)
Basically, ND is a must-have filter for landscape photographers!（Another must-have itea will be GND）!
ND 64/1000/65000 equals to how many stops?
FGEARS ND Filters come with ND64, ND1000 and ND65000:
- ND64 ≈ 26 ≈ approx 6-stop (Density Level: Lower)
- ND1000 ≈ 210 ≈ approx 10-stop (Density Level: Strong)
- ND65000 ≈ 216 ≈ approx 16-stop (Density Level: Very Strong)
Which ND Filter should I choose?
- “FGEARS ND Basic Set (ND64+ND1000)” is perfect for you if you are aiming to take smooth silky water or clouds.
- “FGEARS ND Complete Set (ND64+ND1000+ND65000)” will be the best for you if you want to take creative photos like there is no one else on the crowded street.
How to focus after applying ND Filter?
After adding ND filters, light entering the viewfinder will be much lower than usual, some cameras may not be able to focus correctly. At this moment, you should take away the ND filter and focus to the subject with manual focus. After all, you can add ND filter and start shooting. Please contact Fotobeginner tutors if you have any questions WhatsApp: +852 9441 0700.
Does FGEARS ND Filters cause any color-cast problem?
Most of the ND Filters will cause color-cast problems. The higher desity level, the moer serious of color-cast problem. After few moths testing by our tutors, we founds that FGEARS ND Filters will only cause slight color-cast problem which can be resolved easily through adjusting the white balance. (Reducing WB 5500K to 5000K gives a satisfactory result!) Nevertheless, photographs can remain sharp after using ND filters, we are so satisfied with this result!
USA FGEARS Glass Filter Highlights
(1) Excellent light transmittance and scratch resistant
One of the disadvantages of resin filters is low scratch resistance, hence affecting the result. FGEARS Glass Filters not only high scratch resistant but also coming with excellent light transmittance. In a result, details can be restored in the photograph.
(2) Anti-oil and Water-repellent Coating
All of the FGEARS filters are equipped with water repellent coating so to keep your filters in the best quality. This coating is extremely useful when taking photos of waterfalls and seasides. Water splashed on the filter will become droplets and easily slide off which is crucial for ND filters.
(3) Anti-oil Coating
Fingerprints and oily stain always cause a problem to outdoor photographer. With anti-oil capability, finger print is hard to find on the filter surface in normal situation. After testing by our tutors, we find out that stains and fingerprints are easily being removed with Lenspen or FGEARS Professional Cleaning Cloth. As a result, frequent cleaning of the filter is not necessary.
(4) HD Nano Technology
FGEARS® Graduated Neutral Density Filter is made with HD nano technology to the image sharpness. You can get a clear photo even with a 500mm tele lens.
All FGEARS Filter are covered by 10-Year Warranty, any manufacture defects within the warranty period, you will always get it replaced with a new product!