GND Filter is put in front of the lens, so it brings huge effect to the photograph. Our tutors recommend FGEARS Glass GND as the coating on the filter is double-sided anti-oil and water repellent that helps keep it in good condition. The newest HD Nano technology allows the picture remains its sharpness perfectly even you are using telephoto lens. FGEARS Glass GND has excellent light transmittance and is scratch resistant. After testing by our tutors, we found out FGEARS Glass GND are very close to neutral and only cause slight color-cast effect which made us so satisfied with FGEARS Filters. FGEARS Glass Reverse GND Filter is perfect for beginners or professional photographer.
*** You are strongly recommended to purchase FGEARS Holder System HD100 together (CPL applicable) for better result ***
*** The size of FGEARS® “Glass Reverse GND Filter” is 100x150mm (Applicable for lens sizes 77mm or 82mm with HD100 Holder system). Lens sizes below 77mm can selectUK Formatt Hitech 85x110mm instead. ***
Can I use Black Card instead of GND?
Black Card and GND are both designed for controlling light entry into the camera. However, you have to wave the Black Card to avoid sharp edge effect. GND comes with smooth graduation (Soft or Hard), you can take photograph directly once you installed the GND.
Moments that Black Card or GND are needed:
- Use GND when you are using fast shutter speed: Waving the Black Card takes time, you can have plenty of time to wave the Black Card when the shutter speed is slow. However, if you are taking picture during the day time, the shutter speed is usually fast, you will not be able to wave the Black Card is a short period of time. Hence, you can only choose GND instead of Black Card.
- If you wish to cover the light for longer time by using the Black Card (E.g. during night time): Except the above method, you can use Black Card instead as you can control the light entering into the camera manually. No matter 1s, 5s or 100s, you can use Black Card to control. The degree of GND is set, if you use few GNDs at the same time may affect the photographs.
- While you are taking firework or car trail photos with Black Card: Black
- Card can fully cover the lens, blocking the light to enter the lens and allow double exposures.
Learn more: 「黑卡」和「GND漸變灰濾鏡」的分別和應用時刻
What is the difference between Reverse GND and GND?
Normal GND graduated effect is from dark at the top to light in the middle, leaving the lower part clear. GND Filter is always being used to balance out the exposure difference of the sky and foreground. However, the sun will be in the middle of the photograph during sunrise and sunset. Reverse GND is needed at this moment as the middle part will be the darkest to avoid overexposure around the sun.
USA FGEARS Glass Filter Highlights
(1) Excellent light transmittance and scratch resistant
One of the disadvantages of resin filters is low scratch resistance, hence affecting the result. FGEARS Glass Filters not only high scratch resistant but also coming with excellent light transmittance. In a result, details can be restored in the photograph.
(2) Anti-oil and Water-repellent Coating
All of the FGEARS filters are equipped with water repellent coating so to keep your filters in the best quality. This coating is extremely useful when taking photos of waterfalls and seasides. Water splashed on the filter will become droplets and easily slide off which is crucial for ND filters.
(3) Anti-oil Coating
Fingerprints and oily stain always cause a problem to outdoor photographer. With anti-oil capability, finger print is hard to find on the filter surface in normal situation. After testing by our tutors, we find out that stains and fingerprints are easily being removed with Lenspen or FGEARS Professional Cleaning Cloth. As a result, frequent cleaning of the filter is not necessary.
(4) HD Nano Technology
FGEARS® Graduated Neutral Density Filter is made with HD nano technology to the image sharpness. You can get a clear photo even with a 500mm tele lens.
All FGEARS Filter are covered by 10-Year Warranty, any manufacture defects within the warranty period, you will always get it replaced with a new product!