Why do our tutors choose this product?
CPL Filter is a must-have item for every photography student, CPL not only makes the sky “bluer” but also removes the reflections from water, glass and leaves. Using a CPL can increase the contrast of the photograph. For students who love taking landscapes, you should buy a CPL without any hesitations!
It is very difficult to achieve CPL filter effect by post-processing. For example, if you wish to remove the remove the reflections from water, with and without CPL will make a huge difference. Basically, you may say it is a totally picture with CPL.
Never choose cheap CPL with poor quality. From its color consistency, sharpness, light transmittance to coating, it also requires high standard so you can use it for a long term. B+W is an international premium filter manufacturer from Germany, CPL that we recommend are all Made in Germany! Quality is guaranteed!
Should I choose F-Pro or XS-Pro Nano CPL?
- Kit lens or general lens: F-Pro MRC CPL
- Professional lens: XS-Pro Nano CPL
NOTE: There is a lot of fake B+W goods in the market, no matter cheap price or expensive price, you should get them from a trustworthy store. All of our B+W filters are from Hong Kong General Agency “Schmidt Marketing”, hence all are 100% Authentic!
*** B+W Filters from GearSuggest are stated “MADE IN Germany” and come with a Schmidt Marketing laser sticker! ***
B+W MRC XS-Pro Nano CPL Filter
- XS-Pro: Premium and professional use, solid and tough
- MRC Nano Coating: MRC Nano multi-layer coating provides scratch-resistant, dirt-repellent and water-proof protection to the CPL. Water splashed on the filter will become droplets and easily slide off.
- Super thin filter mount: Not only allowing CPL to be mount on the lens securely but also ensuring that no black corners will appear even it is being mounted on APSC 16mm ultra-wide lens.
- Filter frame material: Material of XS-Pro mount is made of high quality brass and are matte black to prevent reflections.
- Glass material: Germany Schott glass, great light transmittance
- Can be used with lens hood
Genuine holographic label
To make it easier for identifying the genuine B+W products, a completely new anti- counterfeit laser label has been implemented. The pattern of “Schmidt Marketing” on the label will be shifted when the label is tilted right to left or vice versa. Besides, the packing box of the filter also includes the security seal. The packing box cannot be resealed once opened because the security seal will leave a visible void pattern if opened and re-seal is attempted.
Official B+W QR-CODE
Each hologram label on the packing box has an individual QR numerical code, which can be read using a conventional QR app to verify the authenticity of the product. The numerical structure comprises a highly secure encryption to reliably eliminate the risk of the code being copied or decrypted. The hologram label has also been made more secure and can no longer be removed or reattached unnoticed. The adhesion and structure of the materials are designed to ensure that the label self-destructs if an attempt is made to remove it. The numerical code is positioned inaccessibly between the material layers. By registering the product and retrieving the numerical code, users can determine whether their B+W filter is an original product.
How to differentiate the genuine B+W filter: (Blue: F-Pro, Black: XS-Pro)
1. Quality, logo and font of the packaging
2. Official B+W holographic label
3. Direction of the barcode
4. Serial number on the packing box
5. Material of the mount. The mount of the genuine B+W filter is made by brass. The brand name, model and the origin are clearly marked on the mount.
6. Weight. The genuine B+W filter is slightly heavier than the pirated one.